Schedules and Instructions
Assessing Academic Programs
Each academic department, program or unit in Academic Affairs is required to appoint a faculty or staff member to serve as assessment liaison. Assessment liaisons have the primary reponsibility for coordinating assessment activities and ensuring that assessment data are entered into TracDat, our assessment database program. Assessment liaisons work with their department chairs or program/unit directors to ensure that all assessment activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities of Assessment Liaisons
Information for New Assessment Liaisons
2013-14 IE assessment deadlines
(Cohort 2 reports in Spring 2014)
- September - Cohort 2 assessment liaisions meet individually with the Director of Academic Assessment
- End of December - Complete data collection and data entry into TracDat for Fall 2013 (all cohorts)
- Mid January - Cohort 2 units meet to discuss their data and develop preliminary action plans
- End of January - Cohort 2 units complete their TracDat entries, including preliminary action plans
- February - Cohort 2 units schedule meetings with their deans/directors/supervisors to discuss their data and plans for improvement
- March - Cohort 2 units receive feedback from the IE Committee and the Director of Academic Assessment
- End of April - Cohort 2 plan revisions should be entered into TracDat
- Mid May - Complete data collection and data entry into TracDat for Spring 2014 (Cohorts 1 and 3)
To run the TracDat report for your IE Cohort cycle
- Go to TracDat (enter through the Employee tab in OnePort.
- Go to Reports tab for your unit and click the link to run a Four Column Unit Assessment report.
- Under Cohort Cycle Dates (near the bottom of the screen), click the dates corresponding to your IE cohort.
- Open the report to print and/or to save in your Document file.
- Please create a new folder in your Document file defined by the dates of your cohort (e.g. 2011-2014 for Cohort 2) and save all rubrics, other assessment materials, and your final report in that folder.
Academic Affairs Cohort Participants, 2013-14
2012-2013 IE materials (to be edited for 2013-14)
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 7, 2013